AJ Pritchard fears girlfriend Abbie Quinnen will be permanently scarred after terrifying fire injury

Want the most up-to-date celebrity exclusives sent straight to your inbox every day? Sign up now and join the club!

After his girlfriend Abbie Quinnen was set on fire following an online video stunt going wrong, AJ Pritchard has explained that his other half could be scarred for life.

The professional dancer, who broke his silence after the accident, said the damage could be irreversible but Abbie is seeing improvement each week.

Speaking to The Sun, the 26 year old said: "There are different areas, and there are different degrees of burn and she will have a small scar in certain areas.

"But, as with time, they will heal. I think the most important thing was that the skin grafts worked.

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

"The surgeon that did it was very happy with the way it went and seeing the improvement from week to week," AJ divulged.

The former Strictly Come Dancing star went on to say that both he and Abbie, 23, are attempting to stay positive.

"It is quite overwhelming how strong the skin, the largest organ of the body, actually heals and works so incredibly," he expressed.

"Obviously, our minds are one thing, but our bodies can do incredible things for us.

  • AJ and Curtis Pritchard to play twin brothers in Hollyoaks after landing first acting roles

  • Curtis Pritchard reveals he's lost nearly three stone since Love Island but still 'eats what he wants'

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

"There is gonna be small marks there but right now we're just like everything's going really, really well and that's what we can always focus on."

AJ and Abbie were filming a life hack video showing how to cut a glass bottle in half to be used a vase when the scary incident happened.

The pair dipped a rope in a flammable chemical, wrapped it around a bottle and lit a flame to it, but the attempt engulfed Abbie, who was leaning on the worktop, in flames.

The dancer broke her silence on Instagram on Sunday and explained what had happened to her fans.

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

She began: "I am sad i have been absent in the last few weeks & haven’t posted much with AJ, we so desperately wanted to be able to share daily blogs with you all but Unfortunately I have had an accident.

"Whilst we were attempting to create a glass bottle into a vase following a YouTube tutorial, it went terribly wrong and it resulted in my incurring injuries & burns requiring continuous hospital treatment over the past 7 weeks."

The blonde beauty, who has been pictured covered in bandages, warned: "I really need you all to be so careful with what you’re doing & if you’re copying any YouTube videos.

"I will be ok! I love you all! I also want to say a massive thank you to the nurses and doctors at the chelsea and Westminster burns unit for the incredible care & treatment". [sic]

Source: Read Full Article