Anton Du Beke admits hes missing dancing on Strictly amid future of judging role
Strictly: Anton Du Beke says Rose’s dance was ‘not too bad’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Anton Du Beke, 55, temporarily replaced regular judge Bruno Tonioli on the latest series of Strictly Come Dancing. The much-loved TV personality has been a permanent fixture on the dancefloor since the BBC show’s inception in 2004.
Anton has revealed that he is feeling very comfortable on the Strictly judging panel but does miss competing on the programme.
In a new interview, the professional dancer said he does miss certain elements of the show.
When quizzed if he longs to return to the dancefloor, Anton said: “I am a bit, especially when I see a number I wish I’d done, or hear a song and go, ‘I’d love to have done that.’
“Like when Tom Fletcher danced a foxtrot to Fly Me To The Moon.”
He continued to OK! magazine: “I wanted to nudge him out of the way and have a dance with Amy [Dowden]. I don’t think he’d have appreciated that.
“But I’m not missing the bit where they go, ‘And not dancing next week is…’ I’m loving coming back every week, so I’ll carry on judging please.”
The dad-of-two has worked as a professional dancer for 17 years on Strictly.
Anton did not dish on whether he would remain on the judging panel as he admitted “it’s not a decision” for him to make.
The Strictly star said: “To be honest, I haven’t got anything to say about that because it’s not a decision I can make.
“We’ll leave that until next year I suppose. Ask me next year!”
It has been reported that Bruno will return from America for the next series of Strictly.
Anton Du Beke says twins were ‘in tears’ after confusion on Strictly[LATEST]
Zoe Henry talks ‘sad’ loss as Emmerdale star addresses tragic death[TRIBUTES]
Star Trek’s Marina Sirtis ‘ungracious’ reaction to reprising role[EXCLUSIVE]
He is currently on the judging panel of the US equivalent, Dancing With The Stars.
The Strictly judge decided not to appear on the UK series this year and travel between the countries as he has in previous years due to coronavirus pandemic travel restrictions.
Earlier this year, the BBC announced that Anton would be taking the reins on the judging panel.
“Returning to the judging panel once again are acid-tongued Craig Revel Horwood, Let’s Dance Germany judge Motsi Mabuse and The Queen of Latin herself, Shirley Ballas,” they said in a statement.
“In addition to this tremendous trio, Strictly’s longest-serving Professional Dancer Anton Du Beke will be taking up residency on the opposite side of the judging desk this year as he joins the judging panel for the entire series, following a two-week stint as a judge during the 2020 series.
“Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding international travel restrictions caused by Covid-19, Bruno Tonioli, who has been a fixture on Strictly since 2004 and is also a judge on Dancing With The Stars in the USA, will be unable to take part in the series this year.”
Meanwhile, Anton will return to the panel for week eight of the Strictly competition.
Strictly Come Dancing continues Saturday on BBC One at 6.40pm.
Source: Read Full Article