Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘accept The Queen’s invite’ to bring Archie to Balmoral in the summer

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will bring their son Archie to the Queen’s Balmoral estate in Scotland this summer, according to reports.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reportedly been invited to spend some time with Her Majesty at her Scottish retreat after Archie’s absence from the couple’s latest UK visit left The Queen, 39, feeling “very sad”.

But now, Archie, who turns one in May, will be brought to the UK from Canada by his parents Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, this summer before visiting grandparents Prince Charles and Camilla in Birkhall, according to The Sunday Times.

  • The Queen ‘leaves Buckingham Palace’ over coronavirus fears after cancelling trips across the UK

  • Meghan Markle has 'no interest' in returning to acting following reports she was 'snubbed by Disney'

Archie hasn’t been to the UK since his parents moved to Canada earlier this year to pursue a new life away from the royal spotlight.

And The Queen was left “very sad” when Meghan and Harry left Archie in north America to complete their final engagements as senior members of the royal family.

But, it’s since been claimed the couple decided to leave Archie in Canada over coronavirus fears.

On Meghan’s last day as a senior working royal she met with 23 young scholars at Buckingham Palace for a conversation that touched on COVID-19.

During the discussion Meghan gave an answer about 10-month-old Archie’s absence.

She said: “The decision to leave Archie behind in Canada came not out of petty spite, as reported in some areas, but out of concern for his health during the threat of a global pandemic.”

During a separate chat with a close friend, Meghan also said she wasn’t deliberately trying to stop the Royal family from seeing Archie.

“She said it’s not like she was intentionally keeping [Archie] away, but it made no sense to bring him and put him in harm’s way,” a source told the Daily Express.

And it isn’t just Meghan and Harry who have taken precautions over the coronavirus outbreak as The Queen is said to have “left Buckingham Palace” as the pandemic continues to spread across the UK.

A royal source has told The Sun: “She is in good health but it was thought best to move her. A lot of her staff are a bit panicky over coronavirus.

“The Palace hosts a constant stream of visitors including politicians and dignitaries from around the world.”

  • Meghan Markle 'slams Kate Middleton' for being 'uptight' and 'tells friends she made the right decision' to leave Royal family

  • Meghan Markle's favourite eyelash serum sells every 33 seconds and is a big celebrity favourite

The insider continued: “The Queen has met a lot of people there until recently. But she is weeks away from her 94th birthday and advisers believe it is best to get her out of harm’s way.

“Buckingham Palace is in the middle of London and also has a bigger staff than other estates so is deemed a much more dangerous location.

“There have been no specific scares or positive tests there yet but no one wants to take any chances.”

Source: Read Full Article