S Club 7 star 'signs up for Dancing on Ice' and they're 'raring to go'
S Club 7 star Hannah Spearritt has reportedly signed up for Dancing On Ice.
The 42-year-old singer is said to have already started training for the tough ITV ice skating competition as she follows in the footsteps of former bandmate Rachael Stevens after her stint last year.
It’s said she’s ‘raring to go’ and working hard after claims she ‘felt pushed out’ of the S Club Party hitmakers following her exit from their upcoming reunion tour.
The Don’t Stop Movin’ band are getting back together to celebrate their 25-hear legacy, and originally all seven members – including Hannah, Rachel, Bradley McIntosh, Jo O’Meara, Jon Lee, Paul Cattermole, and Tina Barrett – were set to be there.
However, after the death of band member Cattermole, it was revealed Hannah – who was also his ex-girlfriend – won’t be going ahead with the tour.
The Sun claimed she told close friends she was ‘left out’ of the reunion.
Now, an insider told the newspaper: ‘Hannah is raring to go for Dancing On Ice and is working hard in training. Things have been tough with Hannah over the past 12 months and she hopes that appearing on the show will give her a much needed boost.’
It’s said her dancing skills could give her a ‘good chance’ of progressing in the competition, if she can get a handle on the skating side.
The source added: ‘Hannah is a seasoned performer and a great dancer so there is a good chance that she could go far in the series, as long as she nails the skating.’
During an appearance on The One Show on Friday, July 28 Lee said ‘The door is always open’ to her returning to the group.
‘We’ve got lots of stuff coming up after the tour, we’ve got loads of stuff coming up at the end of this year, but there’s loads of projects that we’re working on for next year as well,’ he continued.
‘She could always pop in and join us maybe for something next year.’
The British group had recently announced they would be embarking on a reunion tour when Cattermole died, and they have since released their first comeback single in his memory.
‘Paul was a part of this process up until April – he was fully excited about this, he wanted to do this,’ Jon told Metro.co.uk.
‘He is the driving force – more so than ever now. We are doing this for him. He’s giving us that real push to show we can do it, and [the single and tour] will be in honour of Paul. If he could see us now, he’d be saying, “Yes guys!” He would be very happy and very proud [of us],’ Jo added.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article