I want to be involved in my child’s life but my ex won’t answer my calls – The Sun

DEAR DEIDRE MY ex has given birth to my baby.

I want to support and know my child but my ex hasn’t even been in touch.

We were together when she got pregnant but she broke up with me just after the first scan. I’m 28 and she’s 25.

She didn’t invite me to any more scans or hospital appointments.

I said to let me know once the baby was born and I would pay maintenance.

I saw on Facebook that she’d given birth and the baby is fine – a little girl.

I’ve tried calling my ex but she won’t respond. What do I do?

Get in touch with Deidre today

Got a problem?

My team and I are working safely from home but we are here to help you as always.

Send an email to [email protected]

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Follow me on Twitter @deardeidre.

DEIDRE SAYS: Write to her to say you would want to support any child of yours, and this can be sorted more easily if she will talk to you.

Or you can go to court to ask for your paternity to be recognised.

Get advice from Families Need Fathers (fnf.org.uk, 0300 0300 363).

But think back.

Could it be the dates she was given at that first scan made her realise you’re not the father?

Source: Read Full Article