BAFTA ‘failed to inform President Prince William about Noel Clarke allegations’
BAFTA president Prince William claims he was "kept in the dark" about the sexual misconduct allegations that have been made against actor Noel Clarke.
According to reports from The Sunday Times, charity officials failed to inform the Duke of Cambridge about the allegations that had been made against the star and the concerns that they had.
Reports by The Sunday Times suggest that Bafta were made aware of sex allegations made against Clarke as early as March 30, but never told Prince William of their concerns until last week.
The Guardian had also informed Bafta 13 days before the ceremony went ahead, but the award proceeded to present him the award as they had "no evidence".
This week, The Guardian published their investigation into Clarke, after 20 different women had stepped forward to speak about his inappropriate conduct. The investigation included several claims of sexually inappropriate behaviour and details of sexually explicit images and videos that were shared without consent.
Though Clarke has denied all allegations made against him, on Friday the actor made a statement in which he said he is "deeply sorry" for his actions and the hurt he may have caused.
Since the report from The Guardian was released, Bafta have suspended the star’s membership and also his outstanding British contribution to cinema award that he received on April 10.
Prince William has been very active with his role as Bafta president and has previously vocalised his concerns with the lack of diversity among the awards nominees.
Before the death of his grandad Prince Philip, William was scheduled to make a speech at this year’s ceremony but had to pull out due to the change in circumstances.
Since the report from The Guardian was made public, ITV decided to pull the final episode of Viewpoint from it’s schedules on Friday evening due to the "very serious" claims made against the actor.
Broadcaster Sky has also halted their work with Clarke for the foreseeable future.
The number of women that have made allegations against Clarke has continued to rise, with 27 women now coming forward to speak out about the misconduct received from the Kidulthood star.
Brotherhood producer Gina Powell has also spoken out. She alleged that Clarke told her he planned to "f**k and fire her" before changing his mind.
Powell also claims that the actor would brag about secret naked auditions that he would have with women and he once showed her a covert recording of a naked audition by Jahannah James, who starred in the Adulthood sequel.
- Prince William
Source: Read Full Article