Mick Norcross said Im not going to get through this before lockdown suicide

Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip straight to your inbox with the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter

The body of 57-year-old Mick Norcross was found in the wine cellar of his Essex mansion just hours before he told his partner "I don't think I'm going to get through this".

An inquest into the club bosses' death today heard how Kirk and other family members had become concerned about Mick's change of behaviour since lockdown.

He was found dead in his Essex home by his son Kirk on January 21, with the post-mortem report concluding he died by hanging.

In her statement, Norcross' partner said that he had told her: "All I wanted was to make my family proud and be happy."

Confirming they had spoken on the day of his death, she continued: "When we finished we went into the house and Mick came out at the end and said 'Oh I don’t know how I’m going to get through this'.

"I tried reassuring him and explained I would do the fighting for him so Mick didn’t had to. I said everyone cares about him and is worried about him but he said you don’t understand everyone’s life is dependent on me and I need to look after everyone."

She also revealed he told her: "I’m just fed up I can’t do it anymore life isn’t meant to be like this."

The court also heard from Norcross' son Kirk, who said that his dad's mental health deteriorated during lockdown.

Kirk's statement read: "As further time went on I noticed my dad's behavior around me began to change.

"During first lockdown in March 2020 I noticed my dad change. He always used to be early riser, drink tea in morning and watch the news and have shower.

"He would always be around family, we were always close. He had positive mindset. He began having lie ins sleeping until 9am and he seemed down and depressed and seemed to have black cloud over his head.

"It was the time my father should have been retiring. He would never discuss feelings but we were very close and always knew when we were down.

"Moments when he was himself were short lived. He has been this way since lockdown."

The inquest heard Norcross had been under pressure financially after being involved in several property developments, including one being built near his home.

"This was two years over schedule and lots of costs incurred. One bank loan of 1.36million and bridging loan secured against main residency and another £1 million needed to finish one of developments."

Essex Police confirmed at the time that his death was not being treated as suspicious.

If you have been affected by this story or need to reach out to help, there are a number of helplines and support out there.

You can contact the Samaritans at any time of the day for FREE from 116 123, 24 hours a day, or email [email protected], in confidence.

  • Towie
  • Mick Norcross

Source: Read Full Article