Eurovision 2022 full line-up and when UK hopeful Sam Ryder might perform
The full lineup for the Eurovision Song Contest final has been revealed, with British entry Sam Ryder hopeful of a strong finish.
Sam will be performing the song Space Man to a live audience of millions across the world as he bids to bring home the Eurovision crown for the first time since Katrina and the Waves saw success in 1997.
Despite some branding the show a fix, the hot favourites are Ukrainian rap group Kalush Orchestra, which is no surprise as the war in their home country dominates the headlines around the world.
The singing celebration of different cultures will take on a heightened meaning this year, as Vladimir Putin's forces do their best to destroy Ukrainian independence and way of life.
Eurovision enthusiasts are in for a long night full of celebrations and the hopeful tunes of Europe's singing sensations, though won't be joined by Ireland's Brooke Scullion after she failed to qualify for the final.
When time is UK act Sam Ryder on Eurovision?
Sam Ryder will be on towards the end of the show, performing as act number 22 out of 25, rounding off an impressive evening of entertainment.
Songs have a maximum of three minutes according to the Eurovision rules, but there will be plenty of videos in place for each act as the stages are prepared, as well as the usual banter between the hosts.
Coverage can be seen and heard on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds.
READ MORE: When is Eurovision? Date of final, who is hosting and who is UK entry?
Of the contest, Sam said: "There is a shift in attitude towards Eurovision happening in the UK hopefully. People are getting positive, people are getting behind it, people are getting excited.
"If I have any hope in anything, I think it doesn’t involve any position on a scoreboard. To change attitudes – that is the prize. Imagine if you can do that. And I think that’s possible."
The show will be kicked off by the Czech Republic's We are Domi, singing the song Lights Off in English.
Favourites Kalush Orchestra will sing their song Stefania, 12th in the running order, while currently hosts and champions Italy are the ninth act to sing.
Eurovision full running order
Eurovision's Norway act 'unmasked' by pal who swears it's very familiar boyband star
The full running order is as follows:
- Czech Republic: We Are Domi – Lights Off
- Romania: WRS – Llámame
- Portugal: MARO – Saudade, Saudade
- Finland: The Rasmus – Jezebel
- Switzerland: Marius Bear – Boys Do Cry
- France: Alvan & Ahez – Fulenn
- Norway: Subwoolfer – Give That Wolf A Banana
- Armenia: Rosa Linn – Snap
- Italy: Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Spain: Chanel – SloMo
- Netherlands: S10 – De Diepte
- Ukraine: Kalush Orchestra – Stefania
- Germany: Malik Harris – Rockstars
- Lithuania: Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Azerbaijan: Nadir Rustamli – Fade To Black
- Belgium: Jérémie Makiese – Miss You
- Greece: Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord – Die Together
- Iceland: Systur – Með Hækkandi Sól
- Moldova: Zdob şi Zdub & Advahov Brothers – Trenulețul
- Sweden: Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer
- Australia: Sheldon Riley – Not The Same
- United Kingdom: Sam Ryder – SPACE MAN
- Poland: Ochman – River
- Serbia: Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
- Estonia: Stefan – Hope
Source: Read Full Article