Strictly's Angela Scanlon downcast in first sighting since dangerous car video
Strictly Come Dancing star Angela Scanlon cut a glum figure as she was seen for the first time since being reported to the police over a dangerous video.
The Irish TV presenter, 39, was reported to cops earlier this week after a now-deleted video emerged of Angela hanging out of a car window and dancing.
Angela was filmed by someone in the front of the car as she hung the top half of her body out of the back window, grooving and laughing without a seatbelt as the vehicle moved.
She’s kept a low profile since the controversy but was pictured on Wednesday (September 27) heading to rehearsals.
Angela arrived at a North London studio in a denim jacket, leopard print trousers, and sunglasses, carrying her belongings in a big overnight bag.
She was joined by her Strictly dance partner, Carlos Gu, who arrived just after separately with a bunch of flowers.
Following the release of her video on social media, MailOnline reported that Angela apologised.
Angela said: ‘I made absolutely the wrong decision when I filmed this video. I was coming from rehearsals and was giddy with excitement.
‘That’s not an excuse, because what I did was stupid and I’m sorry I let my excitement get the better of my judgement.’
A source also said: ‘Angela thought she was having a laugh, playing up to being on Strictly.
‘But leaning out of a moving car is incredibly dangerous and she should know better.
‘Her place on Strictly won’t be at threat but she’ll be warned about her behaviour going forward.’
It was said that The One Show’s host would get a ‘ticking off’ from Strictly bosses over the clip.
Meanwhile, she’s been hard at work in training with pro Carlos, as her second performance will be a jive to Trouble by Shampoo.
Angela’s dancefloor debut saw her wow with an ‘intense’ tango to Prisoner by Miley Cyrus and Dua Lipa.
The Co Meath-born presenter, who hosts BBC Two’s Your Home Made Perfect, dressed in a pink and red flowing gown with her ginger locks pulled back into a bun, twirling her way to a score of 23 points.
Reflecting on the performance, judge Anton Du Beke said: ‘The drama, the intense, the commitment was magnificent.’
He advised her to work on her posture and to take bigger backwards steps to help make her ‘more marvellous’.
Meanwhile, resident Mr Nasty Craig Revel Horwood told Angela he felt she lost some momentum in between the ‘attack’ moments, but that she has ‘a lot of potential’.
Motsi Mabuse agreed and said she felt the performance was ‘something special’.
‘You had that focus, that attack, that tension in your body, I think maybe even a little bit too much tension, that’s why you couldn’t soften it up,’ she added.
Meanwhile, head judge Shirley Ballas predicted she would be ‘quite a force to be reckoned with’ if she continued to work on her framing.
Asked how she felt after the performance, she told host Claudia Winkleman: ‘I didn’t headbutt Carlos which is a plus because it happened in rehearsals!’
Time will tell if Angela will survive the first dreaded dance-off of 2023…
Strictly Come Dancing continues Saturday on BBC One and iPlayer.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article